During those teenage years that begin around the age of eleven (though technically at 13), your young man is changing. He is changing in mind, body and emotions. He’s more independent at this time than he used to be. Buying gifts and toys for teen boys at this age can be hit or miss unless you take time to observe and understand ‘where they are’.
At times, you will realize how self-conscious he is. He thinks more like an adult and enjoys talking about issues of today’s adult world. He may at times feel confused, but he likes thinking for himself. His opinions are important to him, and he, therefore, needs other people to respect them. Friends are more important to him than they have ever been, and he will act in ways you and other adults disapprove of in order to be accepted by his friends. He is usually more cooperative and understanding at this age.
Teenage boys enjoy outdoor sports such as scooters, in-line skates and bicycles. Their interests are usually adult-like and include hobbies and abilities. The things they like to do include collecting, computer activities and video games. Teenage boys often really like doing long projects even if they take days to complete.
It’s not easy to make a short list of toys or perfect gift ideas a teenage guy would like. After research, the following suggestions seem to be a good overall gift guide to the ten best gifts and toys for teen boys.
Best Gifts And Toys For Teen Boys – Comparison Table
|SereneLife SLRD 18 Wifi FPV Foldable Drone||Outstanding views at a high altitude up to 650+ ft|
Exceeds great performance
Integrated headless mode
|3.5 out of 5|
|Trends UK Haynes Build Your Own V8 Engine||Has sounds and thrills of a real V8 engine|
Includes moveable and chrome parts
Teenager can learn how an engine works by building a working model
|4.4 out of 5|
|App-Enabled SWAGTRON T580 Bluetooth Hoverboard w/Speaker Smart Self-Balancing Wheel||Portable – Weighs only 20 lbs|
Strong – Capable of supporting riders weighing 44 to 220 lbs.
2 hour battery life.
|4.3 out of 5|
|Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motorcross Bike||Battery Operated|
Brake and throttle in handlebar
|4.6 out of 5|
|Oculus Rift + Touch Virtual Reality System||6 free game titles|
Lucky’s Tale, Robo Recall, Medium
Quill, Toybox and Dead and Buried
|4.5 out of 5|
|Razer Kraken PRO Over Ear PC and Music Headset||Left ear cup boom mic with a bendable arm|
Ear cups fold inward to allow easy carrying.
Optimized for extended wear
|4.1 out of 5|
|4M 5576 Table Top Robot||Introduces STEM concepts to kids|
Includes all building parts
Powered by a single AA battery
|4.4 out of 5|
|The Manual to Manhood: How to Cook the Perfect Steak, Change a Tire, Impress a Girl & 97 Other Skills You Need to Survive||Step-by-step instructions on almost everything a guy needs to know|
With great illustrations and supporting social media
Perfect gift for any guy's birthday, graduation
|4.7 out of 5|
|Lightning Reaction Reloaded – Shocking Game||Lightning Reaction Reloaded has a variable shock |
Control – Low, Medium and High. How much electric shock can you take
|4.5 out of 5|
|Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set: Fantasy D&D Roleplaying Game 5th Edition (RPG Boxed Game)||Includes 31 page rule book|
Full set of 6 blue polyhedral dice
A thick adventure book
|4.7 out of 5|
The Ten Best Gifts And Toys For Teen Boys – Reviewed
Teenage boys enjoy playing with a flying electronic gadget. However, besides being one of those gift ideas that are great fun, drones are used today for photography, surveillance and delivery. Drones make it possible for photographers to capture images they weren’t previously able to capture with traditional equipment. Not only do drones make taking aerial photos possible, they also inspect locations that are so remote photos of them weren’t possible.
Things Your Teenage Boy Can Do with a Drone
- Recreational Flight: The technology of drones has grown recently. Teenage boys can now have lots of fun with them performing aerial races and aerobatic stunts. He can make the drone roll and flip 360 degrees. This quadcopter drone can operate with just one button and perform flips and extreme stunts. Your teenager can make it go left and right, up and down forward and backward, activate recording video, take pictures and adjust its speed as well with the remote control.
- Aerial Photography: A teenage boy can have great fun with a drone equipped with a camera by taking photos of panoramic views and overhead shots. This quadcopter drone is equipped with a 720P HD video and photo camera.
- Security and Surveillance: Your teenager can also have lots of fun with his drone seeing and taking photos of remote locations.
These foldable drones are great gifts for teen boys that they can control from their Android or Apple iPhone smartphone. If buying as a Christmas gift, they are cheap enough to be stocking stuffers, though probably a little big for a stocking! Everything you need, including the charger, come in the box – except the smartphone, obviously.
A kit to build his own V8 engine would thrill any teenage boy. This kit will provide everything needed to build a realistic working model of a combustion, V8 engine or motorcycle engine. It includes sound and light features, moving engine parts and light-up spark plugs. It might not be something you immediately would think of for your gift list, but it really is one of those cool gifts that their best friend will envy.
Created by Trends UK in conjunction with Haynes, these DIY kits for building engine models are fun to put together. The manual for building an engine is a product produced by Haynes and each model kit includes a Haynes manual. Haynes is the world’s leading publisher of motorcycle and car manuals. These engine manuals feature both a guide to an engine’s working principles and step-by-step instructions that are easy to follow. By building a model of an engine, a teenage boy can learn how full-size engines work. Gaining skills with a fun gift, win win.
- Has sounds and thrills of a real V8 engine
- Includes moveable and chrome parts
- Teenager can learn how an engine works by building a working model
- Includes working electric motor built
- Has ignition sound, illuminated spark plugs, automatic shut off and engine sounds
- Step-by-step diagrams for assembling the 100+ parts are included in the instructions
- Appropriate for a 14+ year old
Quality hoverboards of today no longer exhibit fire danger by overheating during use or charging, and they also don’t fail electrically. To be sure a hoverboard is one of the safe ones, it should have an UL 2272 rating. The UL 2272 rating is only given after a rigorous testing process. This SWAGTRON T580 Bluetooth hoverboard has passed all of the rigorous tests for safety to receive the UL 2272 rating. Its multi-layered, fire and heat protection is provided by its patented Sentry Shield technology and Smart Battery Management.
- Portable – Weighs only 20 lbs
- Strong – Capable of supporting riders weighing 44 to 220 lbs.
- 2 hour battery life.
- Downloadable Swagtron app – 3 different modes allowing rider to customize riding experience
– Learning Mode – Perfect for beginners
– Standard Mode – Great for both intermediate and experienced riders
– Advance Mode – For those who have mastered their skills of riding their hoverboard
- Slip resistant foot pads. Available in different colors.
- Internal sensors – Automatically knows where the rider wants to go
- Dual motors
- Technology of Dynamic Equilibrium – Built into the board and allows the rider to control his ride by merely shifting his weight
- Durable casing and aluminum rims — Provides ample traction and makes it possible for rider to perform daring maneuvers
- 8 mile range on single charge of battery
- Capable of 7.5 miles per hour speed
- IPX4 prevents water damage in wet weather
- Downloadable SWAGTRON phone app – Android and iOS keep owner up-to-date with both the board’s features and needs
- System indicator lights – Allows rider to check battery life with a simple glance. Also has LED lights on front of board.
- Bluetooth speakers – Provides music while riding
- Map feature – Tracks rider’s route with a simple tap of a finger
- Eco-friendly with zero emissions
- 100% electric
This hoverboard is a fantastic gift for a teenage boy. Riding the hoverboard while listening to music will give any young man outstanding outdoor fun. Good gifts are worth paying a little extra for. This hover board is not the cheapest out there, but competes very well in its price range. Besides, anything that gets them off the Xbox One or Playstation for an hour or so has to be worth it!
How would you like to see your teenage guy happier than ever? Surely, you would enjoy seeing the big smile on his face. Well, give him a Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motorcross Bike, and you will. There are no two ways about it, this is a fin gift. Way more fun than a skateboard or a mountain bike.
Even though this dirt bike is battery operated, it has lots of power. Besides that, it is really easy for a kid at least thirteen years old to ride. It’s the perfect vehicle for giving your teenage an experience of speed in a safe manner. By restricting the speed of this dirt bike, your teenager will be safe and not get hurt should he fall.
If you want to know more about this dirt bike, a detailed review of it follows which will give you a better idea whether it is worth the money.
- Battery Operated – Instead of fuel, this dirt bike is powered by a battery. The battery will last ½ hour after a full charge.
- Brake and throttle in handlebar – This dirt bike can easily be controlled by your teenager since they are both right in the handlebar.
- Adjustable handlebar — As your teenager grows, the handlebar height can be adjusted for the height for him.
- This will allow the dirt bike to be used longer as your teenager grows. If you have more than one kid, the handlebar can easily be adjusted for each one.
- 14 miles per hour speed – Speed can be as fast as any battery operated vehicle.
- Adult dirt bike design – The design of this dirt bike includes big tires, high handle and curved seat making it very similar to an adult dirt bike.
- Chain driven motor – The high torque of this motor provides a unique experience of bike riding that is both powerful and quiet.
- 12 inch, large knobby tires – These tires give the dirt bike a great power transference from the bike’s motor to its tires. The result of this is the bike moving faster and better ability to run on rough terrains.
- Dual suspension – The dual suspension of the Razor MX350 gives one of the most comfortable rides even on rough and uneven terrains of all the dirt bikes currently on the market..
- Easy assembly — Assembling this bike takes only a few steps and little time.
- Retractable kickstand
- Foot pegs foldable
- Sturdy and solid – This bike will withstand all the bumps and drops of a kid or teenager due to its being well constructed. You can be sure it will last long and not fall apart.
The price of the Razor MX350 can be considered low in comparison to other bikes in its category. This budget friendly dirt bike will satisfy your teenager’s thirst for speed. It may be the perfect toy for your teenager.
Can you imagine being able to travel to anywhere in the world? The possibility of a teenage boy doing this is absolutely impossible for most. However, it can be done with nothing more than the power of technology. Just a headset along with motion tracking can give your teenager a look around a virtual place as if he were actually there.
The Oculus Rift + Touch System is not like anything you ever experienced. For the humble gamer, it is revolutionary. With the Rift, a teenage boy can step into his favorite game, jump into a destination on the other side of the world, watch a virtual reality movie or simply spend time with his friends in virtual reality as if he was really there.
In the Box, You’ll Find the Following
- Rift headset – Enables virtual reality experience; is comfortable, adaptive and customizable
- Touch controllers – Tracked controllers will give the teenager the feeling that his virtual hands are actually his own. It also takes his interaction to the next level.
- Sensors (x2) – Tracking system will enable the sensation of presence which will give the teenager a feeling as if he is actually there.
- 6 free game titles including: Lucky’s Tale, Robo Recall, Medium, Quill, Toybox and Dead and Buried
- Unparalleled immersion offered by Rift’s low-latency tracking
- Teenager’s hands are brought into virtual reality by the Oculus Touch controllers. This allows teenager to interact naturally with the virtual world.
- Graphics card required
- Ram of 8GB+ required
- Windows 7 SP1 64 bit or Windows 8.1 or newer Operating System required
- Windows PC with internet connection required
- System compatibility review recommended
The Oculus rift needs a quite a powerful PC so it’s important to check the specs before you buy. There are others available that work for Xbox One and Playstation, but again, you need the right version of machine. Nintendo don’t have a VR headset yet, but there is talk of them turning the Nintendo Switch into a VR headset through the use of a ‘cardboard’ style headset device. This will be much like the VR headsets you use with smartphones. Ahhh, we’ve come a long way from the NES classic!
If what you’re looking for in a music headset for a teenage boy is great quality of sound and a comfortable headphone design, the Razer Kraken PRO over ear PC and Music headset is the one for you.
- The Razer has large, over-the-ear cups with memory foam padding that are designed to sit securely on a person’s head without pinching, and is light enough to avoid weighing down a person’s head.
- Left ear cup boom mic with a bendable arm
- Ear cups fold inward to allow easy carrying.
- High quality gaming audio provided by powerful drivers and sound isolation
- Optimized for extended wear
- Seamless connectivity allowed because of 3.5mm combined audio with splitter cable
- 40mm neodymium magnet drivers are especially tuned for both high and mid-ranges and deep bass for powerful lows.
Or check out these other comfortable headphone options
Want to get your kid excited in STEM fields early on? Let them have a shot at building this kit from 4M. The tabletop robot looks like a crab. It walks like one, too!
The kit comes with everything your young one needs to build this set. That is, however, except for a single AA battery. It’s an intricate build with many moving parts. Your child will learn the intricacies as they complete the project. Once they’re done, they can still appreciate the mechanics, thanks to the clear dome on top.
- Introduces STEM concepts to kids
- Includes all building parts
- Powered by a single AA battery
- Edge-sensing system
The Manual to Manhood: How to Cook the Perfect Steak, Change a Tire, Impress a Girl & 97 Other Skills You Need to Survive
You certainly want your teenager to succeed as he prepares to find his way in the world. There are a number of character traits he is going to acquire over the years as well as important skills he must learn.
A collection of as many as 100 step-by-step instructions is included in this paperback book. The collection includes how to:
- Grill a steak
- Wear cologne correctly
- Manage money
- Tie a tie
- Write a resume
- Ask for a reference
- Talk to a girl
- Plan a date
- Clean a bathroom
- Change a tire
- Throw darts
- Fold a shirt
- Behave during a traffic stop
- Find a stud in a wall
- Clear a sink drain
This book is the greatest all-in-one reference tool, and a fantastic gift for a teenage boy.
The Lightning Reaction Reloaded – Shocking Game is a great present for a teenage boy who likes to have fun. Why would it make such a great present? It’s so much fun; it’s shocking.
How Does the Game Work?
At the start of the game, each player grabs a handle on the base. One player should push the button at the center. Once the button is pushed, suspenseful begins playing and a red light blinks. Players should watch the red light, and when it turns green each player should press the “trigger” button very, very quickly. The reason each player must be quick pressing the trigger button is because the last person pressing the button gets an electric shock.
This game is meant for Teenagers at least 14 years old or adults. It’s especially designed for people with a sense of humor who enjoy laughing with the group of players.
The Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set is designed to introduce the game to new- comers. Since the 1980’s the popularity of this genre defining game has gone from strength to strength. The teenage years are a great time to get started in this type of table top gaming. Many close groups of friends are made in this way, and groups often last well into adulthood. If you think your teenage boy will enjoy a tabletop fantasy role-playing game, this is the best game for him. In terms of encouraging creativity, story telling, social engagement, analytical thinking and unrivalled fantasy fun, this is one of the best gifts and toys for teen boys.
- Includes 31 page rule book, full set of 6 blue polyhedral dice and a thick adventure book
- 64 page adventure book explaining everything a Dungeon Master needs to get started
- Game box is sturdy and large with lots of room for Dungeons and Dragons goodies
- The stripped down rules cover a lot in not too many pages.
- 32 page rule book for playing characters levels 1 to 5 introduces the roleplay concepts that include: telling a story, reacting to situations, and rolling dice in order to resolve situations a player is uncertain of. It also clearly explains skills, skill checks, abilities, combat and movement.
- The last five pages of rule book explains spellcasting and a short list of spells.
- The starter set of D&D has no character creation, but it will take a player to level five.
- There are five pre-generated characters: a wizard, 2 fighters, a cleric and a rogue.
- The pregens have tons of personality as well as background information. These open the door for new player to play in character.
- On the sheets, there are racial abilities, feats and bonuses for leveling up.