The best pull up bars are the simplest ways of building your upper body, oftentimes, people call pull up the upper squats. If you don’t have the time to hit the gym every now and then, you can get a pull up bar and still achieve the results right at home. Pull ups help build your upper muscles; chest, shoulders, arms and back muscles. They also help in improving general body posture.
The several things that you should consider when shopping for pull-up bars include:
1. Weight capacity: You don’t have to buy a pull up bar that will not handle your body weight. Pull up bars are meant to support your weight up therefore tis important to ensure that your choice has at least an extra pound allowance from your body mass to avoid possible accidents that may occur when it breaks.
2. Price: although price may not be the most important factor to consider, it’s good to note that cheap is not always expensive and again the most expensive product does not mean it’s the best. However, having a rough estimate on price helps you to plan and have a budget that you can work with.
3. Installation: There are several pull up bars on the market, however, you cannot have all of them installed at your space. You have to ensure that the one you select meets the needs of your room. However, there are bars that are complete and does not require installations.
4. Size: Wen you are looking into size, there are several things to consider here. You have to ensure that your balm can fit perfectly on the rod. Height is also something to consider when it comes to size. You don’t want to buy a pull up bar that too high or short for you to reach. Length is another factor. The wider the rod, the better it is. Additionally, when it comes to size, ensure that you have enough space to fit your pull up bars especially for the once that are readily made.
Best Pull Up Bars – Comparison Table
|1. Cap Barbell Deluxe Power Rack||Heavy-Duty Construction|
Durable & Reliable two plate posts, three band posts on each side
|4.2 out of 5|
|2. Stamina 1690 Power Tower||All-in-one Fitness Equipment|
Stable And Comfortable
Fits Many Spaces
|4.5 out of 5|
|3. Ape Strength Doorway Pull-Up Bar||Tough steel construction |
Cushioned with high-density foam comfort grips
Quick, easy installation
|3.7 out of 5|
|4. Big Mike’s Fitness® Heavy Duty Deluxe Doorway Pull-Up Chin Up Bar||Heavy duty with maximum comfort|
Versatile design: excellent for aerobic conditioning
Easy to assemble
|3.1 out of 5|
|5. CFF Wall/Ceiling Pull Up Bar||46 inch wide bar sits 30 inches from the wall|
The installation is straight forward.
It can support users up to 300 pounds.
|4.6 out of 5|
|6. Ultimate Body Press Pull Up Bar (ceiling mounted)||Patented Risers|
4 Grip Positions
|4.7 out of 5|
|7. HemingWeigh Complete Upper Body Workout Bar||Adjustable upper body workout bar|
Heavy duty construction support
Easy assembly for a quick start
|4.2 out of 5|
|8. ProSource Pull-Up Bar||12 comfortable grips & various handles|
Steel; Foam/PVC grips
Slip-in design fits standard doorways
|4.4 out of 5|
|9. Cap Barbell Power Rack Exercise Stand||Maximum weight of user is 500 pounds|
11- and 12- gauge steel tubing
Built in bar and weight storage
|4.5 out of 5|
|10. Cap Barbell Deluxe Power Rack (FM-CB8000F)||Heavy-Duty Construction |
Durable & Reliable
Two plate posts, three band posts
|4.2 out of 5|
With that in mind, here is an overview of the 10 best pull up bars on the market.
If you are thinking of integrating your workouts with a little weight lifting, this is the best pull up bar for you although it’s made for basic workouts. The barbell holder will help in resting your weights for any other muscle buildup activity. It’s made of durable steel with powder coating and can support a maximum or 300lbs. Does not require a lot of space and the design is sturdy.
- Heavy-Duty Construction
- Durable & Reliable two plate posts, three band posts on each side
Stamina 1690 is one of the best pull up bar present on the market. It has all the features that makes it a must have for any home workout room. It’s made of durable and quality steel for longevity and soft, comfortable hand grip for prolonged exercising hours. This bar has more than one uses and it helps building up the entire body. You can do chin-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, triceps dips and sit-ups. It can support a maximum of 250lbs. It has non-slip caps that protect your floor from scratches.
- All-in-one Fitness Equipment
- Stable And Comfortable
- Fits Many Spaces
If you are the type of people that are always on the move and you still want to ensure that you have worked out every day, this is the best pull up bar for you. It’s lightweight and portable. Therefore, making it convenient for your daily exercise procedure. It fits to doorframes between 24.5 and 39 inches and therefore does not require any installations skills. It’s made of compact and sturdy steel that supports up to 220 lbs. this Ape strength doorway pull up bar has a heavy duty construction and you are sure it will serve you long enough.
- Tough steel construction
- Cushioned with high-density foam comfort grips
- Quick, easy installation
This pull up bar is convenient for different exercises performance; it’s durable and heavy duty. It has comfortable and soft handgrips and versatile for indoor workouts. Its adjustable ability makes it easy to assemble. It fits to most doorframes that measure 24 to 36 inches. It can support a maximum of 300lbs body weight. This bar is also portable and therefore making ityou’re all time exercise companion. With this bar, you don’t have to skip your training sessions even when you are away on that business trip.
- Heavy duty with maximum comfort
- Versatile design: excellent for aerobic conditioning
- Easy to assemble
Take advantage of this wall/ceiling mounted pull up bar and convert your garage to a workout area. It sits 30 inches from the wall and it measures 46inches. With this pull up bar, you can have more than one exercise performances. It does not require a lot of space and therefore giving you the chance to enjoy an improved body structure. It can handle up to 300lbs body mass thus making it convenient for all sizes. It comes with all the installations hardware to make it easy for you.
- 46 inch wide bar sits 30 inches from the wall
- The installation is straight forward.
- It can support users up to 300 pounds.
If you don’t have enough space to install workout equipment’s but you still want to remain fit, you can invest in this ultimate body press pull up bar. All you need is your ceiling space. It is made of heavy-duty steel gauge for longevity and strength. The handle grips are fitted with high-density foam to ensure that it’s easy on your hands. It has three different grip positions to ensure that you have the most out of it from wide, medium to narrow pull up positions for improved results. It has a riser emasuring14 inches and provides 20 inches parallel grip spacing. With prober usage, this pull up bar can serve you for years without fears of tearing up.
- Patented Risers
- 4 Grip Positions
- Easy Installation
If your body weight measure 250lbs, bellow, and you are looking for a pull up bar that will support you and meant your budget, then look no farther. Just as the name suggests this is a complete upper body workout bar. A 3-in-1 workout equipment helps you to achieve sit-up, push-up and pull-up exercises comfortably. It has three different grip positions that are comfortable and convenient for any exercise you do. It can fit to doorframes between 27.5 to 30.7 inches and therefore you don’t have to get a room for its installations. The design is sturdy and the material is durable steel with powder coating to ensure longevity.
- Adjustable upper body workout bar
- Heavy duty construction support
- Easy assembly for a quick start
This is one of the best pull up bars with improves grip positions. This bar has up to 12 different positions to ensure that all your workout standards are met. Tis built with durable and heavy-duty steel for longevity and comfort. With this bar, you have a chance of trying on any set of workout for improved posture and upper body muscle buildup. Ti supports a maximum of 300lbs thus making it the best choice for heavy people.
It is portable and does not need any installations skills since it fits to doorframes between 24 and 36 inches. With this bar, you don’t need to create time to visit the gym, since you can achieve the body shape of your dreams.
- 12 comfortable grips & various handles
- Steel; Foam/PVC grips
- Slip-in design fits standard doorways
If all you want is to train like a pro and achieve athletes body shapes at the comfort of your home, then all you need is to set your eyes on this pull up bar. Cap barbell rack is a budget friendly bar that gives you room for extra training abilities. This pull up bar is simple, unique and durable. The material is thick steel with powder coating for stability and durability. It also has barbell holder that allows you to include weightlifting in your workout.
- Maximum weight of user is 500 pounds
- 11- and 12- gauge steel tubing
- Built in bar and weight storage
When space and budget are not your worries when it comes to equipping your home or commercial gym, this is the direction to go. This bar has what it takes to ensure you achieve results. You can use it for multiple exercises. It gives back services that will show the value for your money in reality. It is made of durable steel and it is convenient for all time training. With this equipment, you don’t really need to install your gym with other training equipment’s since you can also integrate training with weightlifting. Additionally, it hold a strong environment for convenient training.
- Heavy-Duty Construction
- Durable & Reliable
- Two plate posts, three band posts