The smoothie blender is as ubiquitous in the American kitchen as the microwave. Once blenders were relegated to a counter corner, primarily being used for milk shakes and the occasional bowl of crushed ice for cocktails. But now that people realize they can be used to prepare much healthier fare, they’ve taken on a whole new life. The best smoothie maker models have become more high-tech and feature-laden. But that doesn’t mean choosing the best smoothie blender has to be as complicated or expensive as choosing a new car. Amazon offers 10 top models from 10 different manufacturers, all for under or around $50.00.
Cheapest Smoothie Blenders – Comparison Table
|Bella 13586 12-Piece Rocket Blender, Stainless Steel and Black||12-piece Blending Set|
Simple & Versatile
Blenders For Every Purpose
|4.2 out of 5|
|MaxiMatic EPB-1800 Elite Cuisine 300-Watt 17-Piece Personal Drink Blender, Black||Quick and easy clean up and reusable dishwasher safe cups|
Enjoy fast and easy shakes or chop up onions with no tears
Powerful 300 watt motor. All parts are BPA free.
|4.2 out of 5|
|Oster Simple Blend 100 10 Speed Blender with Blend and Go Cup||10 Speeds, 700 Power Watts and 450 Blending Watts|
Chop and Grind with Stainless Steel Blade
Pulse Feature for Precise Blending Control
|4.1 out of 5|
|BLACK+DECKER FusionBlade Personal Blender with Two 20oz Personal Blending Jars, Red, PB1002R||275 Watts |
2 Blending Jars
Operation is simple with an on/off button
|4.4 out of 5|
|Gourmia GPB250G BlendMate Smoothie Plus Personal Blender With Travel Sport Bottle and dual Acton Blade||BPA free travel 600 ml sport bottle|
Effortless single button operation
|4 out of 5|
|Ninja Master Prep (QB900B)||2 conveniently sized jars; Easy to use|
Anti spill splash guard,
Easy flip pour spout, and no slip base
|4.6 out of 5|
|GForce GF-P1546-1029 15 Piece Set Mini Blender 220 Watts with Travel Lids and Cups||AC Voltage Of 120V|
Automatic Shut-Off Feature
15-Piece high-speed mixing system grinds
|3.5 out of 5|
|Magic Bullet Blender, Small, Silver||11 piece blender set|
The magic bullet chops, mixes, blends, whips, grinds
Effortlessly create your favorite meals
|4.5 out of 5|
|Hamilton Beach 56206 Smoothie Smart Blender||Powerful ice crushing with patented Ice Sabre blades|
The perfect one-touch smoothie
Patented Wave Action system for smooth results without stirring
|4.3 out of 5|
|VonShef 300W Stainless Steel Personal Sports Blender, Shake & Smoothie Maker||300 |
Watt Stainless Steel
2 x 20 Ounce Bottles and 2 x 14 Ounce Bottles
|3.9 out of 5|
Top 10 Cheap Best Smoothie Blender Reviews
This compact, streamlined unit operates with minimum fuss and mess. The powerful motor allows you to turn whole fruits and vegetables into delicious and healthy smoothies in no time. Since the blending blade attaches directly to the blending cup, all you have to do is flip the cup over and it doubles as a storage cup with the solid ring or drinking cup with the lip ring. That’s a lot of versatility for such a low price, and that’s a major reason the Bella 13586 made our best smoothie maker list.
- 12-piece Blending Set
- Simple & Versatile
- Blenders For Every Purpose
This 17-piece unit with a 300-watt motor packs a powerful punch with a lot of user options. It comes with 4 spill-proof 16 ounce cups with foam grips, so if you’re on the go the smoothie is more likely to stay in the cup and less likely to get on you. It’s operated by a one-touch pulse switch and has a safety lock system. Cleanup is quick and easy. And the all-black smoothie blender unit looks super-cool in any kitchen.
- Quick and easy clean up and reusable dishwasher safe cups
- Enjoy fast and easy shakes or chop up onions with no tears
- Powerful 300 watt motor. All parts are BPA free.
With 700 power watts, 45 blending watts, and a Crush Pro 4 Blade, this unit is a precise and powerful pulverizing machine. It should therefore come as no surprise that we select it in our best smoothie blender list. Add to that the durability of all metal drive and the flexibility of 10-speeds and you’re ready to take on any blending task. Ice is crushed in seconds. Smoothies are chunk free. With the 6-Cup BPA Free Plastic Jar and separate Blend and Go Cup, you could whip up smoothies for a crowd or a personal one just for yourself.
- 10 Speeds, 700 Power Watts and 450 Blending Watts
- Chop and Grind with Stainless Steel Blade
- Pulse Feature for Precise Blending Control
Sleek and slim, this is the perfect smoothie blender for the active person on the go. Two 20 oz. BPA free plastic blending jars make it easy to whip up smoothies and hit the road. Operation couldn’t be easier. Pressing the on-off button is all it takes. There is nothing else to set or adjust so you can focus on getting on with your active life. Your only decision is what color to buy. White, red, grey or navy?
- 275 Watts
- 2 Blending Jars
- Operation is simple with an on/off button
Gourmia GPB250G BlendMate Smoothie Plus Personal Blender With Travel Sport Bottle and dual Acton Blade
Elegant and compact, this smoothie blender packs a lot of functionality in its minimalist design. It has one-button operation that includes a touch pulse feature for when you want a bit more control over texture. The intuitive BlendMate design allows smoothies to be blended and taken to go in the sleek BPA free 20 oz travel sport bottle with a sealable lid. Available in two eye-catching colors – purple and green.
- BPA free travel 600 ml sport bottle
- Versatile blender
- Effortless single button operation
This best smoothie blender model is flip, literally, as the 400 Watt Power Pod with quad blade technology sits on top of either a 48-ounce master prep pitcher or 16-ounce master prep bowl. Both containers have an anti-spill splashguard, easy-flip pour spout, and no slip base. A one-touch pulsing button gives you complete control over the blending process so you can make that perfect smoothie every time. This machine packs so much power you can even crush ice and make a frozen smoothie with ease.
- 2 conveniently sized jars; Easy to use
- Anti spill splash guard,
- Easy flip pour spout, and no slip base
This versatile blender is great for the smoothie-lover on the go. Two interchangeable stainless steel blades, flat and cross, give you various blending options. One button simplifies operation, and the high speed mixing system gives results in 30 seconds or less. Four different color Smart Blending 0.6 Liter Cups and a matching cover and tasting lid for each give you a set of both mixing jars and travel mugs. I consider this to be a best smoothie blender for those on the go.
- AC Voltage Of 120V
- Automatic Shut-Off Feature
- 15-Piece high-speed mixing system grinds
This small, compact unit is aptly named, as it is almost as fast as a speeding bullet. All it takes is 10 quick seconds or less to make yourself a cool, refreshing smoothie. If you consider the best smoothie maker for you to be fast and functional, then this may be for you. And it couldn’t be easier. You don’t even have to hit a button. All you have to do is put one of the cups on the High-Torque Power Base and press. This blender includes 3 containers with lids and a 10-second recipe book.
- 11 piece blender set
- The magic bullet chops, mixes, blends, whips, grinds
- Effortlessly create your favorite meals
This unit looks like a traditional blender but performs like a high-tech marvel with a 700 watt peak power motor, patented Ice Sabre blades, and patented Wave Action system that eliminates any need to stop and stir the ingredients. Thanks to the Auto Smoothie function, it makes the perfect smoothie every time. This 45-second smart blending cycle is programmed to deliver the correct pulses and speed needed and then shuts off automatically when done. What could be easier?
- Powerful ice crushing with patented Ice Sabre blades
- The perfect one-touch smoothie
- Patented Wave Action system for smooth results without stirring
Smooth and sleek, this compact powerhouse with a 300 watt motor is perfect for the smoothie-lover on the go. Two 20 oz and two 14 oz BPA-free bottles with spill-proof lids and carry handles make it a commuter’s smoothy dream machine. The bottle even fit in a car cupholder! And the stainless steel/black body will look great in your kitchen.
- Watt Stainless Steel
- 2 x 20 Ounce Bottles and 2 x 14 Ounce Bottles
What Makes The Best Smoothie Maker
We are all creatures of taste and preference, and what one person considers the best smoothie maker, the next person might not be so keen. That being said, there are some sure fire features and specs you should consider before making your purchase. Common features that any machine that wants the crown of best smoothie maker should perform well with. Here are some of those features to be aware of when making your purchase:
- Crushing Ice. The best smoothie maker should be able to crush ice with ease. Fine enough to make smoothie, not chunky like a snow cone. This is one of the most valuable features that a smoothie maker has over a standard blender. While some normal blenders can do this, they are not really designed for it and doing so usually comes at the cost of significant wear to the blending jug. Even a good cheap smoothie maker can crush ice better than some top brand normal blenders.
- Blend – And-Go. Many of the best smoothie makers today have a detachable container that you can take with you on the move. So rather than blending into a jug and then pouring into a separate container you are blending straight into the flask that you can take with you on the move. No more wasting half your smoothie because you made more than your bottle can take!
- Power Vs Tamper. The best smoothie blender will either want to have an incredibly powerful motor, or in the absence of that, a tamper. With a ton of power, the best smoothie maker will blend fruit, veg and anything else with ease. But if power is a bit limited, a tamper let’s you mix the bits that the blades find it hard to reach. A cheap smoothie maker is likely to come with a tamper rather than a really powerful motor. But either of these scenarios is far better than reaching into the jug with the end of a wooden spoon, and far more forgiving to the blades.
Staying on top of your health and nutrition should be smooth and easy. And with a low-cost smoothie maker in your kitchen, it’s just that.